- Sequins Jewelery box
- Papier Mache
- pill boxes
- Photo Frames
- Bone Bracelet
- Christmas Decorations
- Christmas Ornaments
- Indian Handicrafts
- Thread Jewellery
- Thread Metal Necklace
- Jewellery Sets
- Lac Jewellery
- Polki Jewelery
- Designer Jewelry Sets
- Lac Necklaces
- Lac Sets
- Terracotta Jewelry
- Zercon stone sets
- Lac Earrings
- carnival products
- Earrings traditional
- Rajasthani Bags
- Sequins bags
- Embroidery Bags
- canvas Bags
- Cotton Bags
- Evening Party Bags
- Sequins Bags
- Banjara Bags
- Banjara Clutch Bag
- Eco Friendly Jute Bags
- Bags in Terracotta & Brass
Offering a wide gamut of Fashion Accessories and Costume Jewelry
like Bone Jewelry and Horn Jewelry.
Mr. Om Prakash Gupta started the company, INDIAN HANDICRAFTS, way back in 1964 inspired by the vision of bright India. Currently, he is heading the business as an honorary director of the company.
Mr. Om Prakash Gupta witnessed the plight of Indian women in villages and saw them struggling hard even for mere existence. Though their lives were engulfed in hardship, they were not allowed by the conservative society to go out and work. Mr. Om Prakash Gupta came up with a brilliant idea to solve this problem and contribute towards women empowerment in villages. He set up INDIAN HANDICRAFTS centers in the villages for these women to make them economically independent and help them run the show on their own as entrepreneurs.
Even today, Mr. GuptaÃ¢€™s vision, success and his towering personality inspire many woman to face societal challenges, take up work and prove their real worth to one and all.
The concept of this revolutionary project was inspired by widespread
financial crisis faced by poor families, especially in remote and
rural areas. Poverty was mainly caused due to problems of
unemployment and other prevalent social evils. Indian youth lost the
zeal to prosper and seemed to be disillusioned due to poverty and
lack of work and economical viability.
Therefore, a self-help group of women was formed in 1964, after we enrolled many women for vocational training.
Today, our hard work has bore fruit and we boast of producing over 200 skilled workers having expertise in manufacturing different types of jewellery items, bags, handicrafts and allied products.
With INDIAN HANDICRAFTS, we give new
wings to the dreams and skills of the poorest and the marginalized
sections of society, who are often excluded or exclude themselves
from engaging in such projects & resourceful activities because
meeting immediate survival needs remains their priority most
Our project aims to:
- Generate sources of income for the poor through production support and specialized skill training
- Inspire confidence, self-worth and motivation among the economically-challenged so that they can take up new skills and areas of work
- Work towards raising funds for other projects related to Literacy India
With an objective to provide impetus to the livelihood program, we have formulated a streamlined strategy, which includes:
- Identifying products that are easy to manufacture and design
- Identifying products that require very short training time. This aids in eliminating high inception cost
- Making sure that raw material used in production are low-cost and easily available
- Ensuring a ready market for the end-products
- Ensuring quality of the finished products aligns with quality of goods marketed by any other manufacturer in the same category.
Hope this gives you an overall idea about the activities of our company.
We look forward to hearing from you soon and having an enduring business relationship in near future.